While there are many occasions just around the corner like Christmas, new year’s eve so I thought to share an amazing Recipe For Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies with all of you. These mint chocolate chip cookies are like eating mint chocolate chip ice cream in warm flavor, buttery, and soft cookie form. These cookies are purely crispy from the edges and soft and less shiny from the center. These are so easy to make and perfect for any party or occasion. So, let’s get started.
Tips From Blissful Blogger About Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Melt your butter, but let it cool first before adding anything to it. You can soften your butter as well before mixing for dough. The soft and smooth form of butter gives a good texture to your cookie. Butter usually takes up to 25 minutes to soften but if you want quick then you can simply reheat it in the microwave to make it smooth and soft.
- Do not add sugar to hot butter because by doing so you will be ended to runny cookie dough that will spread all over your baking sheet. Let the butter cool down for at least 10-15 minutes and then you can add your sugar to it.
- Adding Mint Andes is a great idea for your mint chocolate chip cookie but you can also add the peppermint extract to your recipe as a pure mint touch. Peppermint and Mint Andes are the perfect combination that will give a unique flavor to your cookie on every single bite.
- For some extra softness and chewiness add extra fat like an extra egg yolk to your dough.
- The temperature of the oven must be considerable and you should take care of your mint chocolate chip cookies so that they must not be overcooked.
Estimation For Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Serving: 20 people
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Chilling Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients of Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter ( melted and cooled for at least 10-12 minutes)
- 2 cups of all Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (granulated)
- 3/4 cup White Sugar (granulated)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 large Egg (for more moisture add 1 extra egg yolk)
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Corn starch ( for softness and tenderness)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp pure Peppermint extract (Don’t add too much)
- 5 drops of Green food color ( Optional)
- 1 cup chopped Andes Mint candies
- 1/3 cup of Chocolate chips ( for diabetic or health-conscious people add some dark chocolate)
Read More recipes for the festive season and you will love it: Easy Ronzoni Lasagna Oven Ready
Instruction to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the melted butter (butter must be cooled down ) and add sugar to it. Beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes if you are using the electric beater and if you are using the hand beater then beat for at least 5 minutes or until it gets smooth.
- Now add egg and peppermint extract (don’t use too much) in it and mix it well. You can add extra egg yolk for more thick moisture in your cookie. Mix all of them until well combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and green food color (optional) in the batter and mix it until well combined with the dough. Now fold gently the dough after mixing Mint Andes chopped chocolate and some chocolate chips in it. For some healthier versions of cookies, you can add dark chocolate chips inside the dough (optional).
- Take a small scoop and make small balls of dough and place them on baking sheets about a couple inches distance from your cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Top each ball of cookies with some grated chocolate and chopped Mint Andes.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies just start to turn golden brown and the center of the cookie must be soft and half done. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through your cooking time, if you find it necessary. This step is applicable if you want to keep your cookies nice and soft.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and then remove it from the baking sheet and transfer your mint chocolate chip cookies to a wire rack to cool down completely.
Enjoy these mint chocolate chip cookies as a festive treat and they are very popular for occasions and gatherings. You can add coloring to your dough and make it more preferable according to your festive type.
There are a few questions that come to people’s minds while making mint chocolate chip cookies.
- What makes a cookie moist and chewy?
Cornstarch makes your cookie softer and chewable. On the other hand, adding more brown sugar than white sugar makes your cookie moister and softer. Extra egg yolk gives more chewer texture to your cookie as well.
- Does mint chocolate chip taste good?
Mint chocolate chip is the most popular flavor in the world and has a pretty good and large following.