Cheeseburger Soup is perfectly creamy, fresh, and full of taste and flavors. The richness of cream and cheese when combined with lean ground minced beef and cooked with veggies then it gives the utmost and splendid flavors. I love making this recipe by using a different variety of cheese, especially sharp cheddar or Velveeta cheese as it enhances the flavors and add more excitement to creamy cheeseburger soup.
Read More: The Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Tips for making Creamy Cheeseburger Soup
While making any dish you must keep in mind the key factors that are contributing to the taste of your dish. Here are some tips you should keep in mind while making this creamy cheeseburger soup.
- Use lean ground beef mince which is low in fat and reduces all the fat content in your soup.
- The addition of different vegetables like carrots, celery, potatoes, and sometimes mushrooms gives a healthy and flavorful taste to your soup.
- Choose a low-sodium broth to reduce the content of sodium in your soup.
- If you want thickness in your soup then just add flour or cornstarch because it helps your soup thickens and creamier consistency as well.
- You can make the soup according to your own taste and can add ingredients like bacon, pickles, and other things to your soup to enhance the flavor.
- You can use different varieties of cheese like cheddar, blue cheese, and Velveeta cheese. These all are unique in their flavors and are good options.
- After making soup you can garnish it with different herbs and basil leaves as well.
Homemade Creamy Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 Pot
- 1 Whisk (to make cream cheese sauce)
- 1 pound Beef Minced (mince must be at room temperature)
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Carrots (shredded)
- 3/4 Cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 1 tsp Basil (dried but fresh can be used as optional)
- 3 Cups Potatoes (boiled is optional but use in cube shape)
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded but you can use Velveeta cheese as well)
- Take a pan and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in it then add chopped onion to it. Mix and sautee the onion for 2-3 minutes and then add the lean beef mince to it and cook it evenly for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add shredded carrots, and celery to the mixture and let it cook for 2 more minutes. Now add cubed potatoes and chicken broth to it and mix it well. Now reduce the flame to low-medium and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now take a separate pan and make your creamy sauce. First of all, you have to add butter and melt it on low flame. Now add flour and mix it well with a whisk. After half a minute just add milk in it and stir it with a whisk. Let it simmer until it gets smooth and thick.
- In the other pot stir your sauce and check if it gets to a boil, and then you can add cheese to your mixture and cook it. Add your cream sauce to the soup mixture and add sour cream to it.
- Let the soup combine for at least 3-4 minutes and then add dried basil and parsley at the top. Your Cheeseburger Sauce is all ready to serve. You can grate some extra cheese at the top for a better presentation.
Variations with Creamy Cheeseburger Soup
- Fried Onion Rings can be served and both combine with the ultimate flavors.
- Cheesy baked Garlic bread is an additional option to be served with it.
- The roasted and baked Cauliflower pops or bites can be enjoyed with cheeseburger soup.
- Another option for serving is very light and healthy that is Croutons or Crackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques-1: What is cheeseburger soup made of?
Cheeseburger Soup is made of ground beef, celery, shredded carrots, potatoes, seasoning, spices, and cheese. This is creamy and rich in flavors.
Ques-2: What is a good side of cheeseburger soup?
There are many options like
- Baked cauliflower bites
- Cheesy Garlic bread
- Croutons and Crackers
- Crunchy Green beans
- Air fryer carrots
- Spicy Corn Bread
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Ques-3: How many calories are in a bowl of cheeseburger soup?
1 cup is 450 calories, 25g Fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1410mg sodium, 34g carbohydrates (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Ques-4: Why does cheese not melt in soup?
Very dry cheese doesn’t want to melt in the soup just because of its low-fat content. Some creamy, mild cheese also gets into strings rather than melting completely into soup.
Ques-5: What seasonings are good in soup?
The most suitable blends for soups are Italian Salt, Celery Salt, Garlic Salt, Herbal Seasoning, Mexican seasoning, and Onion Salt.