Just like bread and rice, pasta is a lively food. If you talk about pasta then it has too many shapes and types and one of my favorite shapes is Rigatoni pasta. The Creamy Rigatoni Pasta recipe is all you want to satisfy your craving for pasta with different sauces and fillings. The thing about this pasta is that it’s remarkably fancy and aesthetic. So, let’s stick a fork in a bowl of Rigatoni pasta and call it a day.
If we are talking about pasta then it must be the more saucy version for it because the rich flavor of the pasta is enhanced with more sauce and gravy. Although its a baked pasta or cooked on the stove the saucy and creamy smooth texture of the pasta is an all-time favorite.
My one of favorite recipes is to make Rigatoni pasta with white creamy sauce and sometimes I also like to cook a tomato sauce version of Rigatoni pasta. The fillings can be used like meatballs, sausages, minced beef, chicken, and only veggies as well. I can’t wait to share this recipe with you all so you can enjoy making this flavorful recipe.
Things to be kept in mind while making Creamy Rigatoni Pasta
- Don’t over-boiled your pasta because it will get so sticky and this will lose its flavor as well.
- After boiling the pasta drain all the water and keep your pasta in a strainer and add some oil to your pasta because it will leave your pasta fresh and non-sticky.
- Always use fresh minced beef or chicken for your filling. If you are using the meat from the fridge then keep it out at room temperature for at least half an hour to make it perfect for cooking.
Read More:Ronzoni Lasagna Oven Ready Pasta
- While making white creamy sauce stir the mixture with a whisk because you have to add flour into the mixture and then put milk in it. To avoid any lumps you have to use a whisk to mix it thoroughly.
- For the Tomato sauce, you can use canned tomatoes but fresh tomato puree is a different thing in flavor and taste. For homemade tomato puree, you can follow this link to get the recipe.
Creamy Rigatoni Pasta Recipe
- 1 Skillet (for cooking)
- 1 Whisk (for sauce)
- 1 pound Rigatoni pasta (uncooked)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (can use vegetable oil)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch Red chili flakes
- 5 cloves Garlic (chopped or minced)
- 2 tsp Black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp White pepper (as required)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 4-5 leaves Fresh Basil
- 700 grams Chicken Breast
- 1 pound Ground beef (if you are making Meat Rigatoni pasta)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (white)
- 1/2 cup Butter (I am using unsalted butter)
- 1 tbsp Flour (for white creamy sauce)
- 1/2 cup Pasta water (while boiling pasta you can keep water at side)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (grated or shredded)
- 12 ounce Cream (for white and tomato sauce)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (to put in white sauce)
- 2 Cans Tomato sauce (for tomato sauce rigatoni pasta)
- 3-4 freshly boil Tomatoes (peeled and grind)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (to use in tomato sauce)
- Step 1: First of all, take a large skillet and add water to it. Then put the skillet on medium flame and put some salt and olive oil into it. Let the water boil.
- After the water starts to boil first reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water to add to your creamy sauce now add uncooked rigatoni pasta to the water and cover it. Let the rigatoni pasta boil for 6-7 minutes and keep a check on it.
- When your pasta is done then remove the skillet from the flame and drain the rigatoni pasta into a strainer. Add some oil to your boiled pasta so it must not get sticky.
- Now it's time to prepare your filling for pasta. You can use anything like chicken or minced beef but I am using chicken breast for my rigatoni pasta. Take a pan and add oil to it. Keep your flame low to medium.
- Add chopped garlic to the oil and cook it for half a minute. Don't let the garlic turn brown and then add your chopped onion to it. Cook it for 2-3 minutes. The next step is to add chicken. You can cut the chicken into strips and cubes as well.
- Add your chicken and cook it until it turned golden brown. Now add a pinch of salt, black pepper white vinegar, crushed red chili flakes, and some dried thyme, and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add some of that pasta water and let it simmer for 2 more minutes and cover it. If you are making white creamy rigatoni pasta then you have to mix the white sauce and cook pasta in the filling. If you are making rigatoni pasta with tomato sauce then have to add your prepared tomato sauce filling to it.
- Step 2: Now its time to make sauce for your creamy rigatoni pasta recipe.
- White Creamy SauceTo make the creamy white sauce just take a pan and add some butter. keep your flame low while making the sauce. When the butter got melted then add minced garlic to it. After this add flour to it and mix it well.
- The next step is to add milk and whisk it well. keep your flame low for a more tasty flavor. Now add black pepper, white pepper, oregano, and thyme to it and mix it well.
- Now add cream to your mixture and mix it thoroughly. If your sauce is very thick then just add some pasta water to make it smooth. Now add some shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese and cook it on low flame for half a minute. Your creamy white sauce is ready.
- Step 3: If you are making tomato sauce rigatoni pasta then this step is for you.
- Tomato Sauce First of all, take a pan and add oil to it. Now add crushed garlic and keep your flame low to medium. After that just add tomato paste and canned tomato sauce and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add some pasta water and let it simmer for 2 more minutes. Add black pepper, white pepper, vinegar, some oregano, and salt to it, and mix it well.
- Cover it and cook for half a minute. Your Tomato sauce is ready.
- Step 4: Now when your sauces are ready then simply add them to your filling and then mix it thoroughly. Then add your pasta and mix it well. Grate some cheese and cover it for 3-4 minutes on low flame. You can add some fresh basil leaves for a more enriched flavor. Your creamy rigatoni pasta is ready. Serve this with some garlic bread or crumbed bread.
Creamy Rigatoni Pasta Variations
These are some variations if you are planning to make Rigatoni pasta because everyone has some different taste and they like to add various fillings according to their cravings and occasions so let’s get started.
- Baked Rigatoni pasta with Italian sausage is a must-have if you are craving some pasta.
- Chicken Mushroom Rigatoni pasta with creamy sauce is a perfect item for getting together and instant family dinner.
- Beef Rigatoni Pasta is all time favorite for everyone.
- Rigatoni with chicken sausages and Green veggies is a perfect craving for protein and nutrition together.
- Rigatoni pasta with seafood touches like prawns or salmon is a taste just beyond perfection. This pasta is enriched with creamy garlic sauce along the seafood nutrition.
Frequently Asked Question
Ques-1: How do Italians eat rigatoni?
This type of pasta is served with heavy thick sauces. Because the edges of pasta hold the meat and ingredients within them which gives more pleasure and richness in taste while eating.
Ques-2: What are the 4 types of pasta?
There are various types of pasta but the most famous and used types are
Ques-3: Why do Italians eat pasta on Sunday?
According to tradition, pasta is eaten on some occasions like weekends, easter, Christmas, and family unions and get-togethers.
Ques-4: What is the softest pasta?
Tagliatelle is the softest and smooth texture of the pasta and can be perfectly enjoyed with tomato, basil, chicken, and asparagus and is best for kids.
Ques-5: Should you put oil or butter in pasta water?
Putting oil into pasta water is better rather than putting butter because the oil keeps your pasta non-sticky and firm.