If you are talking about mutton then one thing I am sure of is that the spices make the mutton meal unforgettable and Grilled Mutton Chops are incomparable in taste. This is the perfect end of your week to have grilled mutton chops as your dinner.
If I talk about being a mutton lover then this recipe really whets my appetite and I can surely enjoy this mouthwatering grilled meal as my weeknight cravings. All I can say is that grilled mutton chops and I are the best combination together.
Things to be kept in mind while preparing grilled mutton chops
- The best meat for chops is very important. Traditional lamb chops come from rib, loin, sirloin, and shoulder cuts (shoulder cuts are also called arm or blade chops) and require a short time for cooking rather than other forms of meat. These are referred to be quick and easy meal ideas. Otherwise, the softest is loin cut chops and these are my all-time favorite as it has little fat and wholesome flavors. It can be grilled or barbequed into different touches of flavors and enjoyed completely.
Read More: Double Cheeseburger With Flavorful Sauce
- The perfect marination is all you need for your best mutton chops flavors. When you will use garlic, chopped rosemary, and other spices to your imagination then it turned out really amazing. This is the best seasoning for grilled mutton chops. Otherwise, thyme and dried oregano as make a nice flavor to the chops and at the end, you can simply squeeze a lemon into it.
Best Grilled Mutton Chops Recipe
- 1 zip lock bag
- 1 Pan
- 7 Lamb Chops (3/4 inches thick) (loin cut)
- 1 Onion (finely ground and extract all excess onion water)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Garlic (chopped or minced)
- 2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 2 tbsp Salt (as required)
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt (you can skip but I like chops a little bit saucy)
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (optional)
- Take a bowl and add plain yogurt to it. Now add salt, rosemary, white vinegar, ground, and extracted onion, garlic, black pepper, cumin powder, and coriander powder to it and mix it well.
- Now add mutton chops to this paste and mix it thoroughly. Put these marinated mutton chops into a zip lock bag and put them in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take out your marinated chops from the fridge and put them outside to settle at room temperature.
- Now take a pan and add some oil to it. Keep your pan on low-medium flame and then add chopped garlic to it and Sautee for half a minute. Now add marinated mutton chops to the pan and cook it on low-medium flame.
- Cook each side for almost 3 to 4 minutes and turn each side by doing this way. Take a bowl and add olive oil, chopped garlic, chopped rosemary, and a pinch of black pepper and you can use this mixture to brush your mutton chops with this.
- This mixture will give shine to your gilled mutton chops and will not make this dry. Now turn off the flame and remove the pan. Let it rest for 5-6 minutes and then serve your mutton chops with the sides of your own choice.
Varieties of Serving with Grilled Mutton Chops
Grilled mutton chops can be with a variety of sides and your preferences. Here are some options mentioned below.
- Roasted and grilled vegetables sautee in some flavors can be served along with mutton chops.
- Different varieties of potatoes either mashed potato or potato salad.
- Different types of rice such as fried rice, or simply garlic butter rice can be served.
- Different salad dips and salads can be served with this recipe.
- Different sauces or spreads like hummus, and chipotle salad dressing can be served with grilled chops.
- Naan bread and flatbread can be served with chops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques-1: Is mutton good for grilling?
Absolutely, mutton is a flavorful meat with variety and tenderness. The smoke mutton is a versatile meat that deserves at least a serious try.
Ques-2: Does mutton need to be marinated?
Always marinate mutton before cooking. It helps the mutton to stay juicy and tenderized.
Ques-3: How do you make mutton tender and juicy?
Buttermilk, yogurt or curd, lemon juice, and vinegar help to break down the tough proteins of mutton meat and it becomes tender when it just hit the flame.
Ques-4: How long do lamb chops take to cook grill?
The marinated grill chops can take 4-5 minutes on each side at medium flame.
Ques-5: Are mutton chops healthy?
Mutton chops are healthy and rich in nutrition like protein, vitamins, and minerals. When you consumed them in a moderate way then they act like a balanced diet option.